The Anglican Church of Tanzania
To fight poverty and hunger in our communities.
– forming farmers groups.
– Training our communities in good animal husbandry practices.
– Purchasing and distributing dairy cattle among the group members.
– Following up on the distribution of ‘Pass On’ animals to other group members.
– Following up on the return of ‘Pass Back’ animals to the project holder.
– Facilitating community visits to other villages to learn and share best pactice.
– Community members have more stable access to food and have assurance of a market for their animal products.
– Improved family nutrition status and health, sustainable assets, livelihood and wellbeing.
– Men and women are showing a zeal to learn more and believe that through such capacity building they will overcome the socio-economic challenges they face. Many now see agriculture not just as a way of subsistance living but as a resource which will lift them out of poverty.