The Anglican Church of Burundi
To stabilise the soil erosion and enhance the agriculture production for 1500 poorest households over one year. To reforest 1.080 hectares of the Burundian territory during the period of one year.
• Sensitization and Meeting with the local community, local administration and technical Government Departiment;
• Train and sensitization of communities on the issues of reforestation, agro forestry and water shird management and mantainance of plantations;
• Establishment and training of Community Forest Management Associations to lead the management and sustainability of forests;
• Environmental protection workshops held with community leaders, associations members;
• Work on school farms to orientate school children on agricultural and environmental issues;
• Establishment of trenches on hillside on contours to stabilise soil and prevent runoff;
• planting grasses and agroforestry trees alongside hedges (a double row of trees that forms a wall and reduces topsoil erosion) to improve soil stability and fertility;
• planting perennial trees for fodder and shade;
• providing seeds for tree nurseries and additional materials ;
• Establishment of tree nurseries and distribution of tree seedlings;
• reforest the empty and degraded areas;
• Promote and provision of high improved agriculture inputs to farmers (Seeds, cuttings, bulbs,tubers);
• Promote and vulgarise the high modern agriculture technics;
• Diversify the Agriculture production;
• Exchange visits.
1. 4 245 523 Forestry trees planted ;
2. 3820 Ha covered ;
3. 2 133 240 Agro forestry btrees planted ;
4. 164 214 Fruit trees planted,
5. 63 787 Beneficiaries
6. 292 726 .25m of trenches established and grasses planted alongside them.