The Church of the Province of Central Africa
To use Umoja, a model for grassroot development, as a dynamic way of helping local Churches to work together with their communities in addressing needs using their own resources. To bring a remarkable transformation to local Churches and their communities around the world.
Our activities include:
– Liaising with senior denominational church leaders about Umoja
– Working with senior church leaders in identfying appropriate local churches and communities who can benefit from Umoja
– Recruiting and training local facilitators
– Managing the programme, coaching and supporting facilitators
– Monitoring and evaluating Umoja
– Expanding the programme to more and more communities
– Adapting the Umoja process to their own context and unique situation
Hope this will result in self-reliance, self-esteem, sustainable change, improved community relations, as well as physical change such as better health, sanitation, food security and incomes.