The Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea
– Pass on basic skills to women and men in making;
Stock feed using mostly locally available materials/ingredients
– Empower women and men with both theory and practical knowledge and understanding of how to prepare the materials, put together the materials/ingredients for the end products
– Learn basic safety standards and requirements, especially in soap making
– Provide participants basic financial literacy so that from the skills learnt they can start their own self-sustaining projects.
– Bible text and reflections
– Interactive theory discussions
– Demonstration sessions from the facilitator
– Practical sessions for all participants
– Try out the end products for quality standards
– 19 participants from 5 parishes within Lae city attended the training
– All participants competently demonstrated their newly acquired skills through demonstrations and final product display
– All participants are making their own oil from coconuts which they are using for either cooking or personal body lotion
– Participants are passing on their skills to members of their parishes or Chapels
– Some participants are now selling their homemade products for a little income to sustain their families.