The Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea
- Pass on basic skills to women and men in making soap, oil and stock feed using mostly locally available materials/ingredients
- Empower women and men with both theory and practical knowledge and understanding of how to prepare the materials, put together the materials/ingredients for the end products
- Learn basic safety standards and requirements, especially in soap making
- Provide participants basic financial literacy so that from the skills learnt they can start their own self-sustaining projects.
- Bible text and reflections
- Interactive theory discussions
- Demonstration sessions from the facilitator
- Practical sessions for all participants
- Try out the end products for quality standards
- 19 participants from 5 parishes within Lae city attended the training
- All participants competently demonstrated their newly acquired skills through demonstrations and final product display
- All participants are making their own oil from coconuts which they are using for either cooking or personal body lotion
- Participants are passing on their skills to members of their parishes or Chapels
- Some participants are now selling their homemade products for a little income to sustain their families.