The Church of the Province of Southern Africa
The programme seeks to respond to the Diocese and Hospital priorities, challenges and vision for the future based on strengthened connections with the communities they serve.
– Stimulating community responses to shared health concerns which builds on the strengths and attributes already present within the communities themselves (SALT)
– Community-based, participatory self-assessment of health competence
– Strengthening local church response and mobilise the wider community to respond to health concerns such as HIV and maternal health
– Deeping community engagement so that people out there feel that health is their responsibility.
– To support the hospital in adapting its ways of working as a result of what it’s hearing from the community engagement