On this page:
What does the Resilience course involve?
The Resilience course starting in October 2020 will take the form of an online ‘learning exchange’ of 10 sessions, plus a mandatory technical orientation session and an optional course introduction. Watch a short video introduction here: Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish
- There will be one two-hour session each month.
- Each session will have a particular theme and consist of a Bible study and recorded thought piece, followed by live discussion, in which participants will reflect together and learn from one another.
- There will also be a homework assignment each month (up to 1 hour/month).
- There will be a maximum of 25 participants per course.
- Those who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate.
- Further details of the topics covered, and a course timetable, are shown below.
Time table of course sessions and subjects: overview (specific dates and language options are detailed below)
Language and timing options
The same course will be delivered four times in a choice of eight languages, to allow as wide a reach as possible across the Communion. In addition to English, the languages being offered are Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Burmese, Arabic and Portuguese.
Specific dates and timings for participants accepted onto the course
Once registration forms have been reviewed, we will get back to you to confirm your place on a particular course. The first course engagement with be the course orientation sessions.
Course orientation (mandatory for confirmed course participants):
To introduce the facilitation team and familiarise ourselves with the Zoom platform with translation, we are having 30 minute course orientation calls. These will be on the same day and time as the call you registered for, but all the calls will be in the last week of October.
Resilience course session dates: