Included in the package were proposals for:
- Support for the Church’s mediation work
- Urgent action to improve the food security and work for long term sustainability and resilience.
- More support for education, especially primary education provided by the Church.
- Attention to the needs of the North, as a vital part of security peace also in South Sudan.
- More reconstruction funds to be channelled through NGOs, including faith-based organisation
The UK Parliament will be taking oral evidence next week for their inquiry which will look at peace-building in Sudan, and the role of civil society organisations.