Rights for landless people will also be on the Anglican agenda at the conference where the Church’s programme has been drawn together by the Alliance’s Latin American and Caribbean facilitator and will be spearheaded by the Anglican Archbishop of Brazil, Most Revd Mauricio Andrade.
The programme for Anglicans include:
- Friday June 15th and 16th – A meeting with victims of natural disasters
- Friday June 15th – A youth event on climate change, climate justice and new theology
- Sunday June 17th – Service in the Anglican Cathedral in Rio de Janeiro
- Meeting organised by the Ecumenical Advocacy Alliance on ‘Scaling-Up Agro-Ecological Food Production’ – Archbishop Mauricio will be speaking at the event.
- Monday June 18th – the Diocese of Rio de Janeiro is holding an event on urban violence in capital cities and the role of the church
- Tuesday June 19th – A meeting on environmental justice involving Archbishop Mauricio and the landless people’s movement. The event will focus on environmental justice and the participation of the Church
- Tuesday June 19th – Archbishop Mauricio will take part in the launch of a report produced by Christian Aid on inequality in Latin America and the Caribbean.
More information will be provided on each activity. Or to contact the Anglican Alliance in Latin America and the Caribbean email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get our news by e-mail
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from the Anglican Alliance.